Find the answers to some frequently asked questions around chartering one of our boats for sport fishing in Drake Bay, Costa Rica…
- Do I need to bring food & drinks? All trips have complimentary water, beer, soda, juice, fresh fruit and cookies. Full day trips include a delicious home made lunch. Clients are welcome to bring their own drinks and snacks as well.
- Do I need to have experience to fish? Absolutely not! We love teaching beginners how to fish.
- Can I bring my children? Yes, we love having kids on board and teaching them the incredibly rewarding experience of sport fishing. We recommend ages 8 and older.
- Do I need to bring any equipment? No, we have all top of the line rods, reels and gear on board.
- Can I keep the fish I catch? Yes, depending on the species such as grouper, snapper, tuna, wahoo and more. We practice catch and release for Marlin, Sailfish and Rooster Fish. Our mates will filet your catch and put it on ice for you to take.
- Is there enough shade or a bathroom on the boat? The Reel Escape has plenty of shade, air conditioning and a full size, clean bathroom on board. The Reel Time does not have a bathroom and offers some shade.
- Where and what time will I be picked up? We will make arrangements with you and/or your lodge regarding pick up and transfer to/from the boat. For clients staying in the town of Drake Bay, we meet at the main part of the beach at the bottom of the road. We generally leave at 7:00 AM but are happy to discuss an alternate time if necessary.
- Is it possible to fish with you if I am staying in Dominical, Uvita or outside of Drake Bay? Yes, there are morning and afternoon river taxi boats from the town of Sierpe that come directly to Drake Bay. For a full day of fishing you will either need to spend the night before or after your fishing trip in Drake Bay. We can customize a schedule based on your travel needs.
Please contact us at email@example.com should you have any further questions.