Find the answers to some frequently asked questions around chartering one of our boats for sport fishing in Drake Bay, Costa Rica…
- What do I need to enter/exit Costa Rica besides my passport? A COVID test is NOT required to enter Costa Rica. You are required to purchase travel insurance to enter the country. We recommend Trawick International as it has had the best pricing so far. A COVID antigen test is currently required to enter the US from Costa Rica even if you are flying through to another country. A test can be taken at the San Jose Airport. Results are guaranteed in 1 hour so you can now travel from Drake Bay back to the US in the same day. If you are exiting to go to home to other countries, please check your specific country for entry requirements as things are still changing rapidly as COVID levels are still fluctuating.
- Do I need to bring food & drinks? All trips have complimentary water, beer, soda, juice, fresh fruit and cookies. Full day trips include a delicious home made lunch. Clients are welcome to bring their own drinks and snacks as well.
- Do I need to have experience to fish? Absolutely not! We love teaching beginners how to fish.
- Can I bring my children? Yes, we love having kids on board and teaching them the incredibly rewarding experience of sport fishing. We recommend ages 8 and older.
- Do I need to bring any equipment? No, we have all top of the line rods, reels and gear on board.
- Can I keep the fish I catch? Yes, depending on the species such as grouper, snapper, tuna, wahoo and more. We practice catch and release for Marlin, Sailfish and Rooster Fish. Our mates will filet your catch and put it on ice for you to take.
- Is there enough shade or a bathroom on the boat? The Reel Time does not have a bathroom and offers some shade.
- Where and what time will I be picked up? We will make arrangements with you and/or your lodge regarding pick up and transfer to/from the boat. For clients staying in the town of Drake Bay, we meet at the main part of the beach at the bottom of the road. We generally leave at 7:00 AM but are happy to discuss an alternate time if necessary.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org should you have any further questions.